Title: My True Love Gave To Me
Authors: Multiple (edited by Stephanie Perkins)
Release Date: October 14th, 2014
Publisher: St. Martin’s Press
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Holiday, Short Stories
Pages: 336 (Hardcover)
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… This beautiful collection features twelve gorgeously romantic stories set during the festive period, by some of the most talented and exciting YA authors writing today. The stories are filled with the magic of first love and the magic of the holidays.
Overall, this book was decent. It did help me to get into the holiday spirit, at least. There were some stories that I loved, but there were also others that I just didn’t get into at all.
- Midnights by Rainbow Rowell – 5/5
- The Lady and the Fox by Kelly Link – 2.5/5
- Angels in the Snow by Matt de la Peña – 2/5
- Polaris Is Where You’ll Find Me by Jenny Han – 1.5/5
- It’s a Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins – 5/5
- Your Temporary Santa by David Levithan – 3/5
- Krampuslauf by Holly Black – 4/5
- What the Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth? by Gayle Forman – 4.5/5
- Beer Buckets and Baby Jesus by Myra McEntire – 3.5/5
- Welcome to Christmas, CA by Kiersten White – 3.5/5
- Star of Bethlehem by Ally Carter – 3/5
- The Girl Who Woke the Dreamer by Laini Taylor – 2/5
So, yeah… There were a few that I really liked, but there were also many that I found really boring and uninteresting. I will admit, though, it quite a few of the cases, the short story format let it down. Like, there was potential with the characters, but the story was just too short for me to get into.
This is a really nice holiday read, though, so I would recommend it if you haven’t picked it up yet. You may very well enjoy it more than me!