Man, I’m so behind on awards and tags >.< Anyway, a big thank you to Ariana @ The Quirky Book Nerd for nominating me for this award! Everyone go check out her great blog!
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share 5 facts about yourself.
- Nominate some bloggers in return and notify them about their nomination.
- Keep the rules in your post to make it easy for everyone to know what to do.
Some things about me:
- I recently finished an audio engineering course, and I really want to go into mixing music. But first, I must buy some nice speakers… (Related: I’m also helping run a audio workshop for women in March.)
- This is my dog. Her name is Holly and she is my precious idiot. (I know that’s not a fact about me, I just love showing people my dog.)
- I really want to make an effort to buy more books and fill up my bookshelf a bit more this year.
- I’ve been playing flute for about 7-ish years. I really want to learn cello sometime soon, though, since it’s been a few years since I’ve learnt a new instrument.
- I wish I liked writing more. I mean, I like writing a bit every now and then, but I just don’t have the motivation to actually write anything of substance. Oh well, I’ll just stick to reading ^.^
- Astra @ A Stranger’s Guide To Novels
- Rae @ Bookmark Chronicles
- The Orang-utan Librarian
- Ashleigh @ A Frolic Through Fiction
- Sarah @ Sarah’s Book Addiction
A big thank you to T.K. Lawrence @ Read It or Not Reviews for nominating me for this award!
- Display the award on your blog
- Announce your win with a post and link the blogger who awarded you
- Present 6 deserving bloggers with the award
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded
- Write seven interesting things about you.
Some things about me
- The highest praise I can give a book is buying it – books are kinda expensive in NZ, so I can’t often afford to buy that many books. Therefore, I only buy my absolute favourites so I can read them again.
- The only good thing about Auckland being a ‘super city’ is that we have access to every library in the city – all 55 of them!
- I’m in the last couple of weeks of my diploma, and I’m pretty daunted by the prospect of finding a job in the audio/music industry next year.
- When I was little, I used to think it was amazing that people actually lived in America, because, to me, that was the land of TV and movies.
- Sometimes I wish I read more adult fiction, but then I remember that I love YA too much and screw what anyone else thinks.
- I collect Marvel Pop! Vinyls.
- When I find an album/song I like, I tend to play it on repeat for ages, then I barely listen to it at all after that.
- Clemi @ Clemi’s Bookish World
- Ali @ I Wuv Books
- Dee @ The Bookish Khaleesi
- Loreva @ La Book Dreamer
- Hayley @ Rather Too Fond of Books
- Emily @ Bookxworms
Thanks to Emily @ The Little Book Affair for nominating me! This is the first blog award I’ve been nominated for, so that’s fun. Anyway, let’s get on with it!
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
The story of my blog…
I’ve always been a big reader, but it was only earlier this year that I started to get involved in the book-loving community. I joined Goodreads and started to find out about all these really popular books that I had never heard of. I started my blog in September, and I’m so glad I did! I’m not really sure what exactly made me want to start a blog – I guess it just seemed like a great way to express my love for books and get in touch with other like-minded people (and more book recs, too, of course!) By having this blog, and having a platform other than Goodreads to post reviews and discuss books, I feel a lot more aware of why I like or dislike the books I read. So yeah, that why I started this blog 🙂
My advice for new bloggers…
Well, I’m definitely not the most qualified person to be giving out advice, considering I’m still a pretty new blogger myself, but I’ll give it a shot!
- Interact with your fellow bloggers! The book blogging community is amazing, and it’s such great fun discussing books with people that are obsessed as you are! Anyway, I’m sure you didn’t create a blog just to shout into the void 🙂
- Don’t feel pressured to post all the time. Blogging is supposed to be a fun experience – something you do because you genuinely want to! If you aren’t really in the mood to write a full review for that book you just read, you don’t have to. If you don’t want to sit down for half an hour and write a big post about the state of today’s modern publishing industry, you don’t have to. You can post what you want, when you want. Enjoy your blog, and make it into whatever you want it to be!
Okay, I’m gonna be a spoil sport and not tag the full 15 people – I have a few more blog awards to do, and I don’t wanna be annoying and tag people too many times 😛 If anyone that I tag has already done the award, feel free to ignore 🙂
- Claire @ Art and Soul
- Ariana @ The Quirky Book Nerd
- Magda @ Magic of Books
- Klinta @ Book Owly
- Paige @ Page by Paige
- T.K. @ Read It or Not Reviews
- Fatima @ Fafa’s Book Corner